FSX Steam Edition: Douglas F4D Skyray™ Add-On review
Published & copyrighted by Virtavia
Lelv8.org is not an official representative or the developer of this application. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners
About This ContentWhen first designed in 1947, the Douglas Skyray™ was on the cutting edge of aviation technology. In 1948, Douglas Aircraft™ was contracted to build the F4D-1™, with the first flight of a production model taking place in 1954. Known as the 'ten-minute killer', the aircraft broke five world records in the time-to-altitude category and exceeded Mach 1 in level flight. In 1953, the Skyray™ shared honors with North American's Super Sabre™ in being awarded the prestigious Collier Trophy. In the late 1950s, an F4D1-equipped squadron was recognized as the top interceptor squadron in the North American Air Defense Command, an area previously dominated by Air Force aircraft.
In all, Douglas produced 421 Skyrays, including two XF4D™ prototypes. The last of the type left the El Segundo, California, plant in December, 1958. It was designated the F-6A™ in 1963 and served both Marine and Navy carrier squadrons until early 1964.
Virtavia’s Douglas F4D Skyray for FSX: Steam Edition comes with four loadout variations (including one clean), various animations, and an awesome smoke trail effect making this a welcome addition to any virtual military fleet
- V-C self-shadowing
- 4 loadout variations
- Authentic virtual cockpit with animations and mousable controls
- Authentic all-xml 2D panel, custom pop-ups for autopilot and radios, fully mousable
- Automatic (on throttle) afterburner visual effect with corresponding performance boost
- Animated wingfold, tailhook, speedbrakes and 'beaver tail'
- Animated canopy (shift-e)
- Authentic flight model with checklist
- Realistic, animated crew figure
- Automatic smoke trail effect
- Fully functional landing lights